The Schweinfurth Art Center in Auburn is hiring a full-time Facility Coordinator. The person hired for this position will provide operational support for the successful delivery of an active program schedule, including classes, lectures, exhibitions, music, receptions, and other events. The Facility Coordinator will act as preparator for installation, maintenance of exhibitions and related equipment, and basic custodial responsiblities. The Facility Coordinator will be responsible for security, safety, and maintenance of the Schweinfurth Art Center’s galleries, classrooms, offices, storage, and grounds.
- Supports active program schedule, including set-up and take-down for events
- Supports exhibition team by patching and painting gallery walls; construction and assembly of exhibit furniture; packing and handling artwork; installation of artwork in exhibitions; installing and removing vinyl signage; and making exhibition labels
- Ensures ongoing safety for facility including protection of objects on exhibition, staff and public
- Oversees inventory and organization of art center storage areas
- Manages building key and alarm system
- Basic cleaning and custodial responsiblities including snow removal
- Coordinates with vendors associated with maintenance and operations, including HVAC, elevator, security, fire protection, communications, grounds, parking lot, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical needs.
- Assists in coordination of construction projects
- Conducts daily inspections of facility and grounds to ensure high standards of building maintenance, security and operations
- Updates maintenance and operations manuals and inventories
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years working in hands-on capacity at nonprofit arts institution, including maintaining facilities, equipment, construction, exhibition, lighting, or set design with track record for problem solving
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in the use of computers and software applications
- Ability to complete general building repair
- Possesses positive attitude, initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends
- Ability to respond quickly to urgent security, building service, and utility needs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The employee is required to sit, talk, see and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk distances; use hands and fingers to handle or operate computers, objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Requires regular climbing, bending, twisting, and working from ladders.
- Must be able to operate small and large machinery.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. regularly and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
Hours and Benefits
This position is full time for 35 hours per week, with some night and weekend hours for events. This position includes health benefits and paid vacation.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Facility Coordinator in the subject line by Feb. 15, 2020. No calls please.
The Schweinfurth Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Veterans are encouraged to apply.